So later in the day Sunday my roommates and I decided to go grocery shopping for the week. Together we walked and I had my first real grocery store experience. Overall it was lovely! I also decided to buy myself a treat just because I survived my first 24 hours in Israel. Not only did I survive them but in fact everything is going amazingly well for only one day here. One of my favorite treats is Choco-B'Sakeet, which translates to chocolate milk in a bag, yum! In my life I had had chocolate milk in cartons and in boxes but not until I went to Israel had I ever had chocolate milk in a bag! Children and adults alike love this snack. It is quite refreshing and satisfying on a warm Jerusalem day.
This is a fun snack that you can even make back home in America! All you need to do is put chocolate milk in a bag. Ziplock-it, and then put tape on the zip just to be safe. You can cut or corner off and then just drink the milk. It seems kind of funny at first but it is what the Israeli's do! You should try it at home!
( I bet it would be a fun project to do while you babysit EKB : P)
Sounds so fun! Maybe I'll make it in your apartment when you move back...
ReplyDeleteI LOVE choco b'sakeet! Yumm. But seriously why is chocolate milk so much better out of a bag? One of life's greatest and most enjoyable mysteries. I'm glad you found it so quickly and I will now be craving it all day!
ReplyDeleteyum yum my fave
ReplyDelete