Monday, June 23, 2014

It's a Small World In Jerusalem!




One of the my favorite things about being in Israel is that it feels as though someone is always visiting. Even though I have only been here for a little more than two weeks I have seen so many friends from all different places and experiences! It has truly been amazing and it has definitely helped make the transition and easy one. 

Top Left: I had the opportunity to see my friend Ben Ginsburg from Boston when he came on Birthright! He is even extending his trip so we will probably meet up again soon. We went to the old city together and then randomly bumped into each other at the shuk!

Bottom Left: Matt Lerner was the youth group president when I was the youth group adviser at Temple Beth Shalom two years ago! Now he is a rising college junior and was shadowing a doctor here for a month. We only overlapped a few days but found sometime to catch up over a delicious lemon-nana (aka a lemon-mint iced slurpie)

Top Right: JENNY! Jenny will actually be here the whole year. She lives in Tel-Aviv with her boyfriend Dan. For those of you who don't know Jenny and I grew up on the same street in St. Louis MO. We haven't lived in the same state since we were 18 and it's CRAZY and coincidental that we are now both living in Israel at the same time. I feel so so lucky that she is here.

Middle Right: So Sara Miller came to town to lead a birthright trip that inspired Brandeis Reunion!! Joey, Erica, Sara and I met up at the train station for dinner and gossiped about all things Brandeis. So fun. I have a feeling there will be a lot of these throughout the year : )

Bottom Left: Even though Kadi, my friend from URJ camp Kalsman only had like 4 days left in Israel she came all the way to Jerusalem to see me! We walked around the shuk and got humus and caught up on our past year. I am so excited for her to go back to camp and she was so excited for me to be here! So much good. It was so great to see her!

From Boston, to Brooktrail to Brandeis to TBS to Kaslman I have seen a lot of people from different parts of my life. It's pretty cool...I think I could get used to this....

No comments:

Post a Comment