Thursday, July 24, 2014

Campfire time!


A few weeks ago HUC created a really neat program where Israeli rabbinical students hosted members of our year in Israel class for a variety of activities around Jerusalem. I was really lucky and got to go to a member of their class, Yaya's house where he made dinner for us over a fire! Yaya and his wife Mor, live in a wonderful cozy home with a neat backyard fire pit surround by couches. We cut up vegetables together and got to know each other a bit and then gathered around the fire for food and song. I am excited to continue to get to know more Israelis during my time here and it was wonderful to connect with such a lovely couple who I will be seeing around HUC regularly. Thanks so much Yaya for such delicious stew! Hopefully there will me more campfires in our future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment