One of the best highlights of Tzfat was visiting Sheva Chaya's studio where we had the opportunity to watch a glass demonstration. Sheva Chaya is a painter and glass artist, originally from Colorado but she is now living in Tzfat and has an amazing studio and gallery space. During her presentation she told us her story and how she came to love art. Her story felt so familiar to me and it was amazing how she connects traditional jewish texts for her inspiration and motivation towards her art. I know many jews and many artists but rarely do I have the opportunity to encounter such a passionate jewish artist who is so knowledgeable about how to weave texts into her understanding of art, glass and her world. After the presentation I introduced myself and hopefully we will find a time this year where we can study together. She has so much to offer and I have so much to learn. Stay tuned! I really hope that this idea can become a reality!

No comments:
Post a Comment