Saturday, August 9, 2014

Big Bamboo!


 After our field trip at the Israel Museum a few of us went to go play on a structure called "Big Bamboo!" It was incredible. Reminded me so much of the City Museum in St. Louis and the drift wood sculpture thing I climbed in Sweden. I was amazed that they made such a tall sound structure with just bamboo and cables! We climbed to the top and found ourselves a couch. Bailey and I talked for awhile and then I started randomly talking to these young Israeli girls who joined us. They were 10 and one was born in St. Louis! Bailey couldn't stop laughing. These coincidences  seem to happen to me a lot.  One of the other amazing parts about this structure was the incredible view! we were there right as the sun was setting and it was amazing to see all of Jerusalem stone shimmer. It truly is a beautiful city. Another fun thing that happened is I ran into a TBS student of mine was was on her trip with Young Judea! I didn't even know that she was in Israel!! Such a fun and neat structure and a great place to play after a long day of school. Hopefully I can go back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment