Saturday, August 30, 2014

Birthday Extravaganza!


So this year in Jerusalem I was fortunate to be surrounded by friends new and old for my birthday.  It was a wonderful day from the very beginning when my roommate Rena surprised me with a birthday omelet!! Bailey bought me coffee an my friend Leah even got me a chocolate croissant! I was showered by lovely gifts and the warmth of new, fantastic friends. I had never experienced school before on my Aug. 6th birthday. I must admit I prefer the quiz-less birthdays but my friends made class fun none-the-less. My hebrew buddy Zach made me a flower crown out of paper towels so that i could fulfill the Israeli  custom of having flowers in my hair on my birthday? At least thats what it tells you to do in their birthday song. That evening some HUC friends and I met up with my friend Jenny and we went to one of my favorite cafes called Timol Shishon where we got Shashuka! Yum! Also we had amazing milkshakes for dessert!

The next day the celebration continued that the HUC Beit Kafe (talent show) where my friends Rae and Daniel presented me with an AMAZING chocolate coffee Kailua cake that was like fancy restaurant quality with a penguin on it. incredible. After the talent show much of my class went out dancing to celebrate, so fun! I feel so grateful to have made such warm and caring friends in such a short amount of time (and i feel grateful that jenny is so close!!!!). I can already tell that 26 is going to be an amazing year and much of that will be because of all the wonderful people in it. Thanks everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment